- This event has passed.
World Homeless Day
October 10 All day
A day to understand our neighbours and fellow community members a little better. We’re all human and no person is immune to trauma. Housing is a basic need denied to many who suffer due to issues outside of their control.
This day and the others following it provide opportunities to help by responding to homelessness.
How To Make a Difference
- educate people about homeless issues
- celebrate and support local good works
- highlight local issues in the media
- donate to local service providers
- volunteer and provide hands on help
- thank volunteers with certificates and awards
- invite a guest speaker
- host a fundraiser
- Tweet #WorldHomelessDay @homelessday
Suggestions for Politicians
- Acknowledge World Homeless Day officially
- Benchmark and declare targets
- Point out the good works of service providers
- Release new funds each year on the date
- Form an advisory group on homelessness
- Make housing affordable in your electorate